Updates made to the Policy on Reimbursements to Individuals for University Business (AP-01)
Some changes have been made to the Policy on Reimbursements to Individuals for University Business (AP-01).
The policy is reviewed annually, and updates are made to reflect the needs of the University.
To support departments and faculties as they plan for the fall, updates made this year effective July 1, 2021 include:
- Clarification on Temporary Delegation of authority.
- Expensing items with missing or no receipts
- New computer equipment and accessories eligible for reimbursement
- Expensing gift certificates towards meals (UBER Eats, Skip the Dishes)
- Expensing Office Equipment, Furniture and Accessories
- Expensing Office supplies, stationery
- Expensing cell phone, long distance and internet.
- Updated per diem rates for meals
- Two new appendices to the guidelines – A listing of expense accounts commonly used for travel related expenses and guidance for travel during a pandemic.