Support for community members impacted by earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
The impact of the devastating earthquakes in Turkey and Syria, which have killed more than 20,000 people and injured thousands more, is being felt by many members of the McMaster University community.
This is a particularly challenging time for students, faculty and staff who have connections to the impacted nations.
There are resources and services in place that can offer help:
- Contact the Student Wellness Centre at email@example.com
- If you need academic accommodation during this time, please reach out to your program academic advisor
- International students can book a 1:1 appointment with International Student Services by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- For a list of 24-hour services, please visit https://sscm.mcmaster.ca/resources/support-resources/
- Good2Talk provides 24/7 confidential counselling, information, and referrals to all post-secondary students in Ontario via phone at 1-866-925-5454 or text GOOD2TALKON to 686868
- For McMaster graduate students, Empower Me provides 24/7 accessible counselling services to empower you to thrive, crisis support, mental health and well-being services. Telephone: 1-844-741-6389
Faculty and staff can find support through the Employee & Family Assistance Program:
- Contact Homewood Health through their website (www.homeweb.ca) or by phone toll-free, 24 hours a day, seven days a week to book appointments, or access any EFAP service