Proposal vote: Tuesday, Aug. 5
July 31, 2014
July 31, 2014
The province has confirmed the date, time and location of the proposal vote for McMaster’s operations and maintenance workers and casual cleaners.
Date and Time:
Tuesday, Aug. 5, 2014
You can vote between
6:30-7:30 a.m. or between 2:30-3:30 p.m.
The vote will be held in:
MUSC 311 (McMaster University Student Centre building)
It has been, and continues to be, the University’s preference to reach an agreement with the union. The University’s goal is find a solution that is in everyone’s best interest and that ensures the smooth running of the University for our students.
The University’s Proposal Vote Offer includes:
• Increased hourly rates ranging from $15.37/hour to $35.87/hour depending on the job
• $750 lump sum cash payments to all members
• A commitment that all members will earn in excess of the current living wage in Hamilton
• A voluntary retirement program providing payments of $10,000 for custodians choosing to retire
• increased weekend and night shift premiums from $.80 to $1.00 which are now also available to casual cleaners
• increased safety shoe allowance from $160 to $180
• all employees maintain their current entitlements to benefits, post-retirement benefits, sick leave, vacation, personal leave and holidays
This is an important process, so to help answer any questions you may have, we have prepared additional information.