National search underway for McMaster’s next University Registrar
McMaster University is looking for a senior leader to assume a critical role that is involved in all stages of students’ lives at the university.
Postings for McMaster’s next University Registrar were advertised across Canada earlier in the Fall term in venues including Academica, LinkedIn, OURA (Ontario University Registrars Association) and ARUCC (Association of Registrars of the Universities and Colleges of Canada) in an effort to attract a diverse, high-calibre candidate pool. In addition, the posting was placed on Mosaic, with automatic feeds to Pride at Work, Indigenous Link and eluta.ca.
A selection committee chaired by the Deputy Provost and with representation from across the university is reviewing applications.
The selection committee includes members from academic, student and partner areas and is at the centre of the comprehensive search process. The list of committee members is presented below.
Reporting to the deputy provost, the Registrar directs all activities within the Office of the Registrar (RO) as leader of a diverse team of more than 100 full-time professionals and 200 casual staff within nine functional areas.
The RO is involved from the initial contact with prospective students through to the planning and execution of McMaster’s convocation ceremonies.
The work requires ongoing collaboration and strategic planning with various faculties and departments.
The selection committee is expected to move a candidate forward for approval by McMaster’s governance bodies in the Spring 2024 term.
Should anyone like to learn more about this process or have questions about their candidacy and interest in the role, please contact Matheus Grasselli, deputy provost, or to Franca Berti-Bogojevic, director, HR Strategic Partnerships and Initiatives in Human Resources Services, preferably by Friday, Dec. 22, as the committee will be advancing next steps in the search process in the new year.
Selection Committee Membership
- Matheus Grasselli, Deputy Provost
- Maureen MacDonald, Dean, Faculty of Science
- Dina Brooks, Vice-Dean and Executive Director, Faculty of Health Sciences
- Steve Hranilovic, Vice-Provost and Dean of Graduate Studies
- Aaron Schat, Associate Dean, Undergraduate Studies, Faculty of Business
- Melanie Heath, Associate Dean, Graduate Studies, Faculty of Social Sciences
- Sarah Dickson-Anderson, Associate Dean, Undergraduate Studies, Faculty of Engineering
- Sean Corner, Associate Dean, Undergraduate Studies, Faculty of Humanities
- Sean Van Koughnett, Associate Vice-President (Students and Learning) and Dean of Students
- Carla Hodal, Senior Associate Registrar, Undergraduate Admissions
- Bernadette Belan, Senior Associate Registrar, Scheduling and Examinations
- Joanne Gittens, Director, Institutional Research and Analysis
- Abigail Samuels, Vice-President Education, MSU
- Ana Portillo, Vice-President External, GSA
- Lenore Lukasik-Foss, Director, Sexual Violence Prevention Response Office (SVPRO) and Anti-Oppression Programs (AOP)