McMaster signs onto new Rogers Cellular Agreement with added benefits and savings
McMaster University has signed on to a new Cellular Agreement under the Ontario Government vendor of record (VoR) with Rogers Communications.
At present, McMaster customers with a University-issued Rogers cellular plan may take advantage of the new Agreement, with features including unlimited voice plan and data.
Migration to the new Agreement will be done in phases, with the first phase starting July 2020. The following is a summary of Agreement changes and benefits for McMaster customers.
- Rogers will provide a portal on their website to allow plan members to order mobile devices and the select cellular plans.
- There will be a reduction in the monthly cost of cellular plans, for example:
- Unlimited voice plan was $5.00, and is now $4.75
- 6g of data was $45.00, and is now $14.30
- Unlimited data was $50.00, and is now $45.00
- Canadian Long Distance was $0.02, and is now $0.01
- Unlimited Long Distance was $6.25, and is now $3.13
- New device purchases will be discounted at 65 per cent.
- Devices will now come with a two-year warranty.
Joining the new Rogers Agreement:
- Only existing corporate plans will be migrated, NOT personal plans.
- Priority of migration to this new plan will be focused on existing Rogers customers.
- Individual migration dates will be based upon the end of your existing contract and will continue until all existing McMaster Rogers customers have moved to the new Agreement.
- A Rogers Business Team will support McMaster through this change.
What if I am NOT with Rogers?
- If you are with another service provider for your corporate cellular plan, you have the choice to remain with your existing service provider or move to the new Agreement.
- You can make this move mid-contract (likely with penalties), or at the end of your contract with your existing provider.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please reach out to the University Technology Services network team at firstname.lastname@example.org.