Joining forces on student services
Effective December 9, 2019, Student Accounts, Student Financial Aid & Scholarships and Registrar’s Services will be combined.
Service will be provided in one Student Services location, on the first floor of Gilmour Hall in GH 108. Each member of the student services team will be able to assist students with many different inquiries. Consequently, the office of Student Accounts and Cashiers, located in GH 209, will be closed to students.
The Student Accounts and Cashiers department will now be known as Accounts Receivable and will focus on serving the needs of staff for MacBill, department payments and Mosaic configuration as well as complex student account support. The GH 209 office will remain open to university departments.
“Student Services will transform the depth of service and support given to our students by consolidating and streamlining service delivery from three frontline areas into one,” explains Leanne Ruiz, Associate Registrar, Student Services. “Instead of guiding students to three different offices to solve three different problems, we can now help students navigate financial concerns, registrarial needs and their student account all at once at the first point of contact.”
“We are pleased to support this change,” says Dianna Creamer, Manager, Accounts Receivable. “By providing in-person service to students all in one location rather than having students come to one place for their financial questions and a second location for their other service needs, the university is best supporting its students.”
Student Services (GH 108) can help with:
- OSAP / government aid
- Paying tuition
- Financial holds
- Enrolment and degree verification
- Information on scholarships and bursaries
- Student cards
- Transcript requests, diploma replacements, certification letters
- Admission questions
Accounts Receivable (GH 209) can help with:
- Unclaimed payments
- Petty cash
- Bank deposits for departments
- Fees Committee expertise
- Student government and society cheque pick ups
- Refund processing
Fast Facts: What you need to know
- Student Accounts & Cashiers front counters are closed to students. Student in-person, phone and email traffic is now directed to Student Services
- Student Accounts & Cashiers is now known as Accounts Receivable and remains in GH 209. Hours of operation for staff are 9 a.m.-noon and 1-4 p.m.
- Phone number remains the same: x24468 and email contact firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Student Financial Aid & Scholarships is now known as Aid & Awards, with a focus on processing institutional and government aid
- The new Student Services team is located in Gilmour Hall, 108 and the email is firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the Office of the Registrar, visit registrar.mcmaster.ca.