HR Forum focuses on employee experience
Human Resources Services hosted its first ever virtual HR Forum over two days last week with the theme of Eyes on the Employee Experience. The event was designed to engage and support University community partners who perform human resources-related work regularly and connect these colleagues in a virtual forum.
More than 150 attendees spent time Thursday and Friday hearing about the HR priorities at McMaster and the role of HR in helping teams navigate work during the pandemic.
- HR Review Recommendations and Implementation Plan
- Covid-19 Recovery Planning
- Policy Updates to Recruitment for Faculty Members
- Faculty of Health Sciences HR Update
- Approaches to Team Engagement and Employee Well-Being
- Having an “Eye” on HR Data Security
- Guest Speaker – Using COVID-19 as your Leadership Classroom
The zoom chat room was buzzing the entire time, as speakers answered burning questions from participants in real time.
“We are fortunate to have such an engaged and dedicated HR community, especially during this unique period of time,” said Wanda McKenna, Chief Human Resources Officer. “Teams have been creative and committed to staying connected and informed, and this year’s Forum was a great example of that.”