Hamilton Police warn of scam targeting an international student
Hamilton Police are warning the public of a fraud scam which targeted an international student at McMaster. The university encourages students to stay informed and to report any concerns to police or McMaster Security.
Police are advising the public:
- Be suspicious of calls that demand money or immediate action.
- No law enforcement agency will demand payment of currency in order to conduct an investigation.
- Never offer information to the caller.
- Remember to never send money to someone under uncertain conditions.
- Don’t be afraid to say “No”.
More information about the case can be found in the police news release.