Call for Members: Black, Indigenous and Racialized Staff Employee Resource Group
The newly established Black, Indigenous and Racialized Staff Employee Resource Group warmly invites any McMaster staff member who identifies as a member of a Black, Indigenous and/or Racialized community to join.
The goals of this group include – for racially minoritized staff members:
- To improve community and coalition building within and across communities;
- To amplify voices in relation to issues and needs elevated for institutional attention;
- To support the development of knowledge, skills, confidence, and networks to facilitate career growth and leadership opportunities;
- To increase awareness of and ability to navigate institutional systems.
- To improve the sense of connectedness, belonging and empowerment;
- To improve understanding of and responsiveness to staff experiences;
- To Engage with more race-conscious professional and leadership development activities;
- To enhance organizational strategy alignment and innovation.
This group is aligned with McMaster’s Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Strategy (2019) with direct focus on enhancing and supporting its’ members.
If you are interested in joining the group and want to learn more about plans for upcoming events and social engagements, please contact email@example.com.
For more information, please review the ERG Terms of Reference.