The Pulse reopening to McMaster students on July 26
The university is reopening the Pulse Fitness Centre in a limited capacity for students beginning Monday, July 26.
In reopening under a staged Return to Service, following provincial and public health guidelines, the facility will use physical distancing methods to create workout pods, and deploy a wide range of additional screening, social distancing, registration and cleaning procedures to ensure the health and safety of all participants.
The gym reopening comes after careful planning and consultation with Hamilton Public Health.
The fitness centre reopens Monday, July 26. Due to the ongoing S.A.F.E. construction project, The Pulse will be operating out of a temporary space within the David Braley Athletic Centre.
Online pre-registration is required for all workout visits. The registration portal can be found at macmoves.mcmaster.ca and opens Saturday, July 24. Students will be required to complete an Ontario COVID-19 self-assessment no earlier than one hour prior to their scheduled workout time.
• Each workout reservation will be for 1 hour
• Capacity will be limited
• Students must pre-register for a workout time no more than two days prior, and must sign a waiver
• Must complete the McMaster COVID-19 Awareness Training prior to registration
• Staff will be thoroughly cleaning the facility between all scheduled workout times
• Masks must be worn at all times while in the building, except while exercising or working out in your designated pod
• Washrooms will be open —change rooms and locker access will remain closed until further notice
• Arrive no sooner than 10 minutes before your scheduled workout time
Masks or face coverings that securely cover the nose and mouth are required to be worn at all times while in the David Braley Athletic Centre, except during exercise activities.
McMaster Recreation will continue to offer outdoor and virtual instructional classes. All classes are free to join for McMaster undergraduate students. Please visit our Virtual Event Calendar on the MacMoves website for complete class lists and times.
For FAQs and important information on facility use and registration, please visit the Athletics and Recreation website.