McMaster relaunching search for sexual violence prevention and response director along with new case manager role
A new search will be launched immediately for both positions, guided again by Odgers Berndston, and involving committee members.
In the summer of 2021, with guidance from Odgers Berndston search firm, McMaster launched a search for an inaugural Director to oversee the Sexual Violence Prevention & Response Office and Anti-Oppression Programs within the Equity and Inclusion Office. While the initial search was not successful, valuable market insight was gained and used to inform the redevelopment of the Director role and introduction of a new additional Sexual Violence Case Manager position.
A new search will be launched immediately for both positions, guided again by Odgers Berndston, and involving the following committee members:
Search Firm lead
- Julia Robarts, Principal, Odgers Berndtson
Search Committee Co-Chairs
- Prof. Sheila Sammon, Professor Emerita, School of Social Work
- Dr. Arig al Shaibah, Associate Vice-President, Equity and Inclusion
Search Committee Members
- Denver Della-Vedova, President, McMaster Student Union
- Caroline Seiler, President, Graduate Students Association
- Shylo Elmayan, Director, Indigenous Student Services, Student Affairs
- Allison Drew-Hassling, Director, Student Accessibility and Case Management, Student Affairs
- Maggie Pooran, Executive Director, Employee and Labour Relations, Human Resources Services
- Pilar Michaud, Director Human Rights & Dispute Resolution, Equity and Inclusion Office
- Patricia Hartnett, Faculty of Health Sciences Professionalism Office
- Dr. Amber Dean, Associate Professor, English and Cultural Studies and former PACBIC Co-Convener, Gender & Sexuality Working Group
- Dr. Ana Campos, Director, School of Interdisciplinary Science and MUFA Special Enquiries and Grievances representative
- Medora Uppal, Director of Operations, YWCA Hamilton
Employment Equity Consultant/Facilitator
- May-Marie Duwai-Sowa, Employment Equity Specialist, Human Resources Services
The aim is to complete the search process and hire both positions by early Spring 2022. In the meantime, sexual violence prevention and response programs and supports continue to be provided by the Consultant on Sexual Violence Prevention and Response (reporting to Sean Van Koughnett, Associate Vice President & Dean of Students) and the Program Manager, Sexual Violence Prevention Education.
Additional information about the consultation process engaged in the prior search is available on the Equity and Inclusion Office website, along with answers to questions about service continuity. Inquiries may be directed to email@example.com.