Livestream State of the Academy address on Thursday Nov. 18
Provost Susan Tighe is delivering her first State of the Academy address on Thursday, highlighting some key initiatives and critical projects, as well as offering a snapshot of where McMaster is at and where we collectively are going.
Community members are invited to tune in. Tighe’s virtual address will be livestreamed to McMaster’s YouTube channel on Thursday Nov, 18 from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
No registration is needed. The event will be live CART captioned and will be recorded for those who can’t attend live.
Expect to hear updates on teaching, learning, research, Back to Mac initiatives and the ongoing return to campus, the vaccination mandate and a look ahead to the winter term.
Tighe will also talk about highlights that each of McMaster’s faculties shared with her, showcasing their pride in our students, faculty and staff as our community weathered the pandemic.
Tighe will also discuss many important initiatives underway at McMaster, explaining how they support the institutional priorities in the President’s Strategic Plan:
- Advancing McMaster’s first Teaching & Learning Strategy
- Supporting Inclusive Excellence through McMaster’s Black Excellence Initiative cohort hire
- Support for the Indigenous Education Council and McMaster Indigenous Research Institute’s Indigenous Strategic Directions Plan
- Mental health supports guided by the Okanagan Charter and the Mental Health & Well-being Task Force
- Supporting opportunities for interdisciplinary, experiential, and community-engaged learning and research
- Faculty and program reviews occurring over the next year
- Supporting opportunities for collaboration across the institution which capitalize on McMaster’s strengths.