Back to Mac: Employee Guide to Winter 2022
This winter, McMaster will be welcoming students, faculty and staff back to campus incrementally, alignment with the latest government and public health measures. This guide is intended to provide key information and resources you will need to come on-site for work.
Preparing to return to campus
- Plan for how you’ll get to work, including applying for or renewing a full or part-time parking pass, researching public transit schedules or looking into bike racks and secure bike storage options. If you prepaid for a parking pass for January, you have the option to request a refund for that month by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read McMaster’s COVID safety strategy, including measures in areas like ventilation, cleaning, masking and vaccination.
- Complete the mandatory Back to Mac COVID-19 training.
Before coming to campus each day
- Use MacCheck before coming to campus to complete your daily health screening. A green check mark means you are clear to attend a McMaster site that day.
- Bring your ID Badge and your mask. General information on masking can be found here.
While on campus
- Keep at least 2 metres distance from others except in designated instructional areas such as classrooms, laboratories, libraries.
- Wear your mask covering your nose, mouth and chin.
- Sanitize your hands when entering a building and follow safety signs on campus.
- Follow the guidelines for spaces and eating on campus.
- Business meetings should be held virtually wherever possible between now and January 27. When in-person meetings resume, follow guidelines for meetings, including masking and physical distancing.
Need to self-isolate?
- Report to the university through Mosaic if you test positive for COVID-19 on a rapid test or a PCR test and have attended a McMaster location in the past 14 days.
- Follow the province’s current isolation guidelines.