The province has confirmed the date, time and location of the proposal vote for McMaster’s operations and maintenance workers and casual cleaners.
Date and Time:
Tuesday, Aug. 5, 2014
You can vote between
6:30-7:30 a.m. or between 2:30-3:30 p.m.
The vote will be held in:
MUSC 311 (McMaster University Student Centre building)
It has been, and continues to be, the University's preference to reach an agreement with the union. The University’s goal is find a solution that is in everyone’s best interest and that ensures the smooth running of the University for our students.
The University’s Proposal Vote Offer includes:
• Increased hourly rates ranging from $15.37/hour to $35.87/hour depending on the job
• $750 lump sum cash payments to all members
• A commitment that all members will earn in excess of the current living wage in Hamilton
• A voluntary retirement program providing payments of $10,000 for custodians choosing to retire
• increased weekend and night shift premiums from $.80 to $1.00 which are now also available to casual cleaners
• increased safety shoe allowance from $160 to $180
• all employees maintain their current entitlements to benefits, post-retirement benefits, sick leave, vacation, personal leave and holidays
This is an important process, so to help answer any questions you may have, we have prepared additional information.