Transparent Research Series: Reproducible Workflows in Stata

L.R. Wilson Hall, 5012

06/12/2019, 9:00 am - TO 06/12/2019 - 4:00 pm

Organizer: Centre for Research in Empirical Social Science

My Calendar

While classes in statistics focus on fitting and interpreting models, in most research, these activities compose less than 10% of the total work. This talk is about the other 90% of successful data analysis. Leading sociologist and statistician, Scott Long, will demonstrate how to effectively manage and document your work.  His demonstrations will be in Stata. No prior knowledge of the software is required.

Dr. Scott Long, Distinguished Professor Emeritus and Chancellor’s Professor Emeritus of Sociology and Statistics, Indiana University

Taking place at the Centre for Research in Empirical Social Sciences (CRESS), LR Wilson Hall, Room 5083.

Keynote – The Workflow of Data Analysis – 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.

Dr. Long will provide an overview of emerging issues on reproducibility, replication, and open science.

Workshop – Developing a Workflow in Stata -10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.

  • Dr. Scott Long will show you how to effectively manage and document your work using Stata.
  • Participants will receive an archive of all materials covered in the workshop
  • We will break for lunch. You are welcome to go out for food or bring a meal.
  • At lunch, tours will be available of several social science laboratories and research resources (secure data facilities, VR, focus group and interview rooms)

Workshop charge: Mac students – $30, Faculty/staff at Mac -$45, Others – $60. Partial scholarships available – if you would like to be considered for one, please email before registering.