Meet the 22 women who hold Canada Research Chairs at McMaster
#BeBoldforChange is the theme of this year's International Women's Day.
It's a challenge to everyone, the world over, to take the kind of bold action that will truly drive the greatest change for women. Our researchers routinely engage in groundbreaking work to improve the health, social and economic well-being of individuals and communities around the globe.
On this day, as the world celebrates women, we'd like to salute the twenty-two McMaster women who currently hold Canada Research Chairs. They're an extraordinary group, tackling some of the most critical and challenging issues facing society today.
Individually and collectively, they are an inspiration and are counted among the country's best mentors, scholars, and researchers. We're glad they've chosen to call McMaster home.
- Sonia Anand - Health Sciences
- Sara Bannerman - Humanities
- Dawn Bowdish - Health Sciences
- Megan Brickley - Social Sciences
- Catherine Connelly - DeGroote School of Business
- Deborah Cook - Health Sciences
- Katherine Cuff - Social Sciences
- Megumi Harada - Science
- Catherine Kallin - Science
- Michelle Kho - Health Sciences
- Maureen Markle-Reid - Health Sciences
- Sarah McDonald - Health Sciences
- Carmel Mothersill - Science
- Aimee Nelson - Science
- Natalia Nikolova - Engineering
- Heather Sheardown - Engineering
- Sheila Singh - Health Sciences
- Deborah Sloboda - Health Sciences
- Leyla Soleymani - Engineering
- Eva Szabo - Health Sciences
- Elena Verdu - Health Sciences
- Christine Wilson - Science