$100,000 awarded in student startup competition
Three winners each won $20,000 in cash and there were also in-kind prizes awarded from sponsors.
The audience was asked to vote for their favourite startup. Entrepreneur Rotimi Fadiya, on behalf of The sKan, was awarded the $5,000 People’s Choice prize.
The panel of judges decided the winners and provided the Top 10 Finalists with feedback.
This year’s judges were: Dan Sinai, Senior Executive, Innovation Ecosystems, IBM; Lynn McNeil, COO, ChipCare; Marc Gibson, Operations Manager, JLABS; and Stuart Wheldon, Technology Investor and Entrepreneur.
- Forge@MAC Student Startup Competition Award $20,000: Sarosha Imtiaz, Aiva Labs
- Forge@MAC Student Startup Competition Award $20,000: Anthony Gatti, NeuralSeg
- Forge@MAC Student Startup Competition Award $20,000: Alex Ianovski, CataList
- People's Choice Award $5,000: Rotimi Fadiya, The sKan
- Emerging Leader Award $5,000: Rotimi Fadiya, The sKan
- The Faculty of Engineering Award $20,000: Frances Lasowski, 20/20 OptimEyes
- The Faculty of Engineering Innovation Award $10,000: Frances Lasowski, 20/20 OptimEyes
Forge@MAC was sponsored by the McMaster University Faculty of Engineering, Nix Sensor Ltd., Fresh 95.3, Clausehound, School Digital. We were also supported by our partners McMaster University, Innovation Factory, W Booth School of Engineering Practice and Bruha.